Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trip to the doctor

In October 2008, I still had not started my period. It had been 2 months since I stopped the pills, and still no sign on my period. Funny that you start wishing for it to come! It was time for my annual check-up anyway, so it worked out that I had the doctors appointment.

Background info: I started my period when I was like 13, and it started off being regular, but as I got older they became increasingly irregular - and painful! I got on birth control pills when I was 16 just to make them regular (and less painful!) So, it wasn’t a great shock to me that I was not starting my period yet.

The doctor looked me over, and said I seem healthy and fine and everything checked out okay. So she gave me a prescription for Provera to “kick start my system”. Provera is a pill that is supposed to trigger your period, and in turn trigger ovulation.

I was happy with that and started the pill the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment