Sunday, December 13, 2009

More venting...

Right after I posted the last post I got on facebook. A friend from church is pregnant.
I was shocked! I shouldn't be... her plans have worked out E.X.A.C.T.L.Y. how she wanted them to. Then I checked my email... she had emailed me.
She said she understood how we were trying (she knew our situation), blah, blah, blah. And then she said, and I quote, "we had been trying for several months. It seemed like everyone else around us was getting pregnant. So I kinda know how you feel."

How would this make any of you feel????
No way does she even come close to knowing how I feel! But I know she is so excited, and I shouldn't let my jealously take over my feelings. I can't help it. I feel SO sad! I have cried all the tears I have. I just don't understand how for some people EVERY plan they have comes true. And yet for others it takes fighting for everything. At least sometimes it feels that way.

I'm sorry this is such a downer day for me. I am sure I will snap out of it.
Thanks ladies for your prayers and kind words! I know that everyone has "down" days. I just can't wait to see what God has planned!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! I have a friend that got pregnant 3 months after going off birth control then when her 1st was barely 6 months old and she was still breastfeeding him, no AF yet, she got pregnant again!!! She called to tell me at least (instead of hearing it through the grapevine), but she was all trying to act like she could sympathize with me. Um NO! Anyway, I know how hard it can be when it feels like some people just seem to have it "easier" than others. I'm so sorry! God has a plan, even when it doesn't feel like it. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I had the same type of day last Monday. A friend from our church small group called to tell me that she had gotten a positive pregnancy test that Sunday. I was crushed. It took me a couple of days to snap out of my funk. I'll be praying for you and NO, your friend does NOT have any clue what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling that way right now. I'm sorry your feeling down and that she seems to have everything in place. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few friends who took a couple months to get pregnant and said they knew how I felt. I shouldn't be rude, but...asses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH, sorry about this. I have a SIL who thinks she understand how I feel. It took her six months to get her first pregnancy, now she has a baby, but is struggling for #2. Still... sorry Hun, but even if you have been trying it doesn't mean you know how I feel! Why don't you try all the drugs in the world and surgeries and IVF, and then you still wouldn't know becaus eyou have a baby already!! Ugh it made me so mad. So I actually do know how you feel in regards to the lame people around you who think they get it. Idiots. Down days are normal. And you shouldn't feel weaker for them. It's healthier to acknowledge and feel the hurt than to push it down anyway. I hope you feel better soon ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete