Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

The Mr and I had a wonderful get away!! It was so nice just getting out of town. Nothing fancy. Just the two of us (and our dog). We didn't even have a budget (which is a BIG deal for me!) We just went and enjoyed being away. It was perfect!

At dinner one night we got to talking about how important it is that after the baby gets here, we still make each other a priority. Date nights, etc. I must admit that when we got our dog (almost 5 years ago) she became number one. I LOVE that dog! But it took the Mr. to point out how much attention she was getting versus him for me to realize it. I can only imagine how much worse I will be with our sweet baby! I am glad that we are talking about this now. I told him, that it will take a while to establish some sort of schedule before we will be able to just go out. I think it is really hitting him how this is LIFE CHANGING! (In a good way!)

We were only about 2 hours away, so we managed to be back at home by around 10 yesterday morning. We went and picked out paint colors and the Mr. spent ALL afternoon/evening painting the baby's room! It looks SOO good! It is definitely brighter than what I had pictured in my head, but I love it! It will look so fresh next to the white furniture! And the blue accents!
Yay! Can't wait to get home and pull off all the tape! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment