Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pray like you mean it!

A few weeks ago in Sunday school we were going over that movie Fireproof. (If you haven't seen it - it is a really good movie!) There was a scene where the coach was talking to another older man, and the coach was really frustrated. The older man asked him, "When you pray, do you prepare to have that prayer answered?"

So many times I feel like I do pray and I ask for things but in the back of my mind I really don't think they will happen, or that I will get what I prayed for. The same goes for the saying "Be careful what you wish for..."

When the Mr. and I were dealing with infertility we started praying like we meant it - meaning we would pray for a baby and then expect to get one. When I first found out we were pregnant, the fears of something bad happening could have easily taken over my mind - but instead I prayed that this baby would be safe, healthy and make it to full term and then I went on KNOWING that he would.

Sometimes it is so hard to do this... but our God can do ANYTHING. He has proved that He makes miracles happen!

1 comment: