Friday, August 7, 2009

Giving thanks

I was doing my bible study last night and I came across this verse:

"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

It really made me stop and think. God made me infertile for a reason, He knew I would concieve and have a miscarriage, and He knows what will happen next. I was SO sad, and mad, and I didn't know how to deal with the rollar coaster of excitment followed by the extreme downfall. Reading this put things into perspective for me. "Give thanks in all circumstances", that means the good and the bad. God has a way of glorifing himself through all situations.

In thinking this way, I noticed that because of our miscarriage we opened ourselves up to our family and our church family. After doing this I found out that one of my sister-in-laws has had a miscarriage, a cousin has had one, a couple of my sister-in-laws have struggled with infertility (both which have biological children now)... and we were brought closer to a couple in our Sunday school class that is going through infertility. I would probably never have known this if we didn't open up about our situation. I have felt overwhelming support from everyone that we have told.

So, I give thanks to God for infertility and all the bumps along the way. I truly believe that The Mr. and I are going to be blessed with children of our own. I pray that God helps me see His path through all of this and to not get frusturated or angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment