Thursday, August 27, 2009

One day at a time

I had my doctors appointment this morning. The nurse did the ultrasound and, just as I suspected, there were no growing follicles. I told her I didn't *feel* like it worked, not like how I felt last time anyway. The doctor actually came in and sat and talked with me too. He said that we would know more after my bloodwork came back. He said that with most people it takes upward to 10 days or so before results. So I guess 5 days was really early. BUT it worked last time... and that is why he brought me in. Since I have lean PCOS, he doesn't want to risk me overstimulating and us ending up with multiples (he means more that 2). He said that the prognosis was still very good.

They just called and said to continue doing what I'm doing, and they'll see me back on Monday morning. My estrogen levels are slightly rising, so hopefully after this weekend of shots I'll be ready to fertilize an egg!

So... a few more days of shots.

In church this past Sunday, our preacher started talking about taking each day, one day at a time. He used the passage:
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34
I need to write this down and look at it everyday! I am such a worrier! The preacher went on to talk about a man that had a severely disabled son. For 33 years this man and his wife bathed, dressed, fed, did everything for their son. This mans other child asked him, how in the world did you do this everyday for 33 years?! The man said, I didn't, I just did it one day at a time.

I feel like this a lot. It is so difficult to think - I am going to be dealing with infertility for so long, and I am going to be battling with PCOS for - forever! Instead, just to think I can do this TODAY, and that's what matters. Me dealing with taking these shots is a small scale - but still if I think, can I do this today? and the answer is yes. Then I have done well. If you try to look too far into the future and worrying about what that will bring, or what you will face, you are bound to get stressed out and hopeless.

So, starting today - I am going to concur this one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment