Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HSG... done!

First off, thank you so much to those that sent some prayers my way! I was really nervous!! I did get the Mr. to go with me. He said he was more than happy to go, but I kept down-playing it (nah, it's no big deal, it won't last long, don't worry about it). Then this morning I said, okay if you don't care, meet me there.

He was there :) Good thing too - I waited at the hospital for about 2 hours! And, of course, the procedure only lasted, um... 10 minutes tops! I really appreciate you guys being so honest! It was painful! While you are up on that bed it seems like it lasts f o r e v e r but really it was only 5 or 10 minutes that that thing was inserted. The doctor got everything in place, which really hurt, then he said, Okay now we will just get the radiologist in here... I'm like HELLO! Get him NOW!

Results: tubes are all clear! Yay! I kinda figured, but, hey at least I know for sure now. And there is no other abnormalities. I get to go back to the RE in the morning for bloodwork and an ultrasound. Hopefully he will up my Menopur because honestly I feel nothing. I have been doing the 75 IU for the past 6 days and I feel no difference - maybe just a couple days of the 112 IU like last time and I'll be ready to trigger!

I am back at work now. I'm a little crampy. Wish I was home on the couch :) I am just glad to have that over with!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad it wasn't just too awful and that it gave you good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got through it! I've seen a lot of women get pregnant within a few months after an HSG. I hope the same happens for you!

    ReplyDelete