Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cast away

Well the weekend is coming to a close... the Mr. should be home soon :) Usually when he is gone on Sunday's I don't go to church by myself. I am not a do-things-alone kinda girl. But this Sunday was a kickoff for a new sermon series about Stress! I really felt a tug to go - so I did. And boy I'm glad I did! I really needed to hear it!

The main scripture that the preacher was preaching from was 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." He used an example with a fly fishing pole. He waved it back and forth like he was fly fishing. He said that this is how people try to "cast" or give their problems to God... they give it, then take it back, and give it, and take it back.

How true is that?! I know I do this! I give my stress and problems with infertility (or anything for that matter!) to God, I ask (and receive) peace about it, but then, especially when that 2 week wait hits I am a STRESS BALL! I take the problem back and try to deal with it alone. God asks us to "cast ALL your anxiety on him" He doesn't tell us to take it back. I am really going to work on this.

The preacher also pointed out the scripture, 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (I bolded the part that spoke to me)

God will NOT give you anything you can't handle. Going through infertility is Hell. It really is. But God knows what we are going through, He knows our pain and our sadness. He is there! Give it to Him and let Him worry about it. God will not let you fall, you just have to trust Him.

I needed this today. I have been really emotional the past few days (it could have something to do with the Mr. being gone, and my dog getting sick...) I found out that a friend of mine is in labor right now. I am so happy for her! but at the same time it is a reminder of what I don't have. I know that I will get pregnant. I just need to keep praying that I don't let IF stress me out anymore..... easier said than done, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment