Friday, October 2, 2009

2ww

I am officially in the 2 week wait.

Yesterday the nurse called me and left a message. She said that after reviewing my bloodwork, my estrogen level was around 400 (I think - I really don't try to keep track of all the numbers!) So they left it up to me and the Mr. if we wanted to continue or cancel this cycle. She said that if I continued with the cycle I would have about a 30% chance of twins and a 10% chance of triplets. I like how they left it up to us - we, of course, said Yep we're going for it!

Last night I did the shot of Orvidrel. Which, by the way, is so much easier than the Menopur!
Question: When you do the trigger shot, do you count days past ovulation from that, or from when you think you ovulated after you took the shot? So would today be 1dpo, I would think not because I don't think I ovulated yet. I know it takes 24-48 hours after the shot.

I am very hopeful with this cycle. And that scares me! I can easily say - if this doesn't work this time, there's always next time. And - if this doesn't work, then that is God's plan, it will happen when it's supposed to....
But really, I am hopeful.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope this is your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctors told me that you ovulate exactly 36 hours from the time you take the shot, which is why they always direct their IUI patients to take their shot @ 10 pm, and 36 hours later, you come in for your IUI procedure @ 10 am.

    I pray that it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Last cycle I counted two days after my ovidrel shot as 1dpo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you temp?? If you triggered last night, you will O sometime Saturday. So Sunday would be 1dpo. But just to be clear for everyone else, you can mention how many days post trigger you are, so today would be 1dpt.

    ReplyDelete