Sunday, October 25, 2009

No plans...

The Mr. and I just got back home. We went out of town for the weekend, a very last minute decision. It was sooo nice! I love getting out of town, even just for a couple days. It is refreshing. We got to enjoy just hanging out, just the two of us.

I always think, how would this be different if we had a baby right now. If things had worked out the way I had planned, we would have a baby right now. We probably would not have gone on this trip - but if we did, we definitely wouldn't have done half the stuff we got to do. We decided not to plan anything, just to go and do whatever we wanted. As my husband said, "You planned not to have a plan". :) It was wonderful!

I heard awhile back, "God laughs when we make plans" and I thought, how FUNNY! So, true! We shouldn't even bother planning because no matter what we do, or how we do it, if it's not meant to be, it just isn't. And vice-versa, if it's supposed to happen, it will.

I am going to spend the rest of my weekend making bread (actually putting ingredients into a bread machine) and relaxing with my husband.

3 comments:

  1. So true even the best laid plans are out of our contriol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best laid plans of mice and men...

    I'm so glad that you and the Mr. had a good, relaxing weekend. It's probably just what you need. I pray those follies will shrink so you can get started again!

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote "God laughs when we make plans" It took me so long to figure that one out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete