Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Be still

I absolutely love my church! I feel so re-energized everytime I go. This past Sunday we sang a song - part of it went like this:

"...When the oceans rise and thunder roars, I will soar with you above the storm. Father you are king above the floods, I will be still and know you are God..."
It reminded me of Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God..." There are so many times that I say this to myself. I just need to be still and know that He is God! That is so powerful! And God can do all things! He can make the impossible possible! He has a plan for each of us, we just need to be still and listen so we can go down that path.

I am feeling the peace of God again. I am over my sadness that this past cycle didn't work. I am ready to move forward again. I know that there is something so great waiting for me, I just have to trust that God will take me there.

Also in church this past Sunday, our preacher talked about dreams. - Side note - it seems that every sermon the preacher preaches I try to relate it back to my problems, namely Trying to have a baby - So, this was no different. I feel like my big dream is to have a baby, for the Mr. and I to be parents to our biological child(ren). The preacher used the story of Abraham and how (in Genesis) he was asked to move without knowing where he was going. And he did. And he had many MANY hard times, but in the end, everything worked out.

I feel like I can relate. I am such a planner. And as I read and get to know many of you, it seems like most of us are - we plan. Infertility has caused a major kink in my plans. But I just have to remind myself [constantly] that God has set me on the journey for a reason. Once I get farther along in this plan, I will be able to look back and see the reason for all of it. Maybe it's because I have been able to talk with others so openly IRL about my situation. Maybe it will help someone else in their future deal with something similar. Who knows.

So, for now, while I wait, I am trying to be still. I am on my knees. I am thankful for all the blessing I do have. I am soaking up this peace of God.

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. It's hardest to just wait especially as a planner. One of my favorite songs that deals with all of this is by John Waller and was in the Fireproof movie, While I'm waiting. Such a powerful song and such a bold statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm needed to read that post today. I'm working on being still. I need to find that peace and rest assured that I'm waiting on God's wonderful plan. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an encouraging post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete